Freightliner’s 114SD was built for severe duty: packed with power and ready for work. The 114SD has optimized mid-chassis packaging and a strategically-mounted aftertreatment system. The chassis layout simplifies upfitting for truck equipment manufacturers. And Freightliner’s proprietary SmartPlexTM Electrical System provides unmatched flexibility when configuring a truck to suit specific body installations. The 114SD also offers an incredible combination of durability and comfort. It’s been through rigorous testing to ensure that it delivers performance and reliability in the most demanding situations. And the automotive-style interior is designed to keep operators safe and productive. Put simply, the 114SD sets the new standard for engineered performance and efficiency.
Freightliner applied sophisticated engineering to the structural elements of its work trucks. First, their cabs are lightweight, yet extremely tough. Corrosion-resistant aluminum is reinforced with e-coated steel and assembled to precise manufacturing tolerances with Henrob rivets and welded construction. This process produces a durable and safe cab that meets stringent A-pillar impact, rollover and back wall impact tests. Plus, the chassis includes a robust backbone with a complete o ering of single and double channel frame rails. The result is a tensile strength of up to 120,000 psi and an RBM ratio up to 4.4 million inch- pounds per rail. This means the 114SD can handle whatever job is thrown at it, day after day, year after year.
• Corrugated floor, roof and back-of-cab panels for added strength
• Meets Swedish A-pillar test standards and SAE J2422 roof strength requirements
• 2,500 square-inch one-piece windshield for outstanding job site visibility
• Wide door openings with low step-in height for safe entry and exit
• Steel firewall for solid mounting of dash panel and driver controls
• 114" BBC steel-reinforced aluminum day cab
• Set-forward front axle position @ 31"
• Strong, durable cab and hood
• Radiator-mounted mold-in color front grille with signature styling
• Front grille, headlight bezels, engine air intake grille, bumper and primary mirrors trimmed in black
• Halogen composite headlights
• Air rear cab mounts
• Ergonomic wing dash
• 63" x 14" rear window